Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sock-a-Doodle-Doo!

It might be the fact that it was a long winter and spring finally seems to be here on the Canadian prairie. It might be my recently acquired KnitPicks Harmony Needle sets (interchangeable circs and 4" dpns). It might be my membership in the Rockin' Sock Club (my first such adventure), or the new Cookie A. book, or just a wee phase, or the evil evil influence of Lime & Violet, back episodes of which I have been consuming ravenously for the past month as I commute back and forth to the Day Job. But holy moly, am I addicted to socks these days. On my needles right now are Bex and Rick (both from Sock Innovation). 
  I also have this skein of lovely from Tanis Fiber Arts, which is destined for a Cookie pattern, probably Sam since it's variegated) And I finished these two pairs recently (like, really recently), one for mom (March Rockin' Sock Club, Rogue Roses in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Medium Weight), one for my sister (my own pattern, stash). New Rockin' Sock Club here within weeks. And all I want to do is, well, knit more socks.

I'm sorry Catriona, we'll be together again. I love your cables, I love your colour, I love that you come in a size that's going to fit me, I love that you're almost done. It's just that, well, you don't go on feet, and these days, I'm just not that into you. It's not you, it's me, and I just need a little time. Please be patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment